The cosmetic upper eyelid surgery known as blepharoplasty involves the removal of the redundant eyelid skin and if necessary, the removal and/or contouring of fat around the eyes. The procedure aims to rejuvenate the area surrounding the eyes and to render an overall more youthful and rested appearance to the face.
Benefits of Cosmetic Blepharoplasty
- Lifts the upper eyelids
- Removes excess skin and/or fat in the upper & lower eyelids
- Improves vision (if it’s obstructed by drooping eyelids)
- Achieves a rejuvenated, rested appearance
During a blepharoplasty, excess skin is surgically removed from the upper or lower eyelids. For some patients, a minimal amount of muscle and/or fat tissue will also need to be removed to achieve the desired result. Given that everyone’s eyes are unique, Dr. Mahootchi will tailor the treatment to best suit your eye shape and personal needs.
Best Candidates for Upper Blepharoplasty
- Heavy or dropping lids
- Excess or loose skin that hides the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- ‘Puffy’ upper eyelids, making eyes look tired and ‘sad’
- ‘Hooded’ upper eyelids
- Looking to improve the aesthetic of the eye area
The eyes will appear tighter, lifted, and rested with a more flattering contour.
Blepharoplasty is performed by Dr. Mahootchi and staff at our advanced surgery center in the Tampa Bay area. This treatment can be performed at the same time as an eyebrow lift to further rejuvenate the eye area.
Happy Patient Testimonials
Happy Patients Talk About Their Experience with Cataract Surgery and Dr. Mahootchi.